Are you unable to find whats the best dash cam for truckers 2020? we have a list of best dash cam for truck drivers to protect your fleet.
Best truckers dash cams are made specially for your fleet safety during your long road trips.
In this guide you can also find best dash cam for pickup trucks and best semi truck dash cam 2020.
You can also use this as front and rear dash cam while you are delivering your delivery.
List of Best Dash Camera For Truckers in 2020
Below are our top rated recommendation for what are the best truck dash cam with review in 2020.
- Rexing V1 Wi-Fi Dash Cam with G-Sensor
- KDLINKS X1 GPS enabled full hd Dashboard Camera
- Anker Roav c1 Pro Dash Cam
- Oldshark 3 1080p Dash Cam with 32gb card
- Vantrue N2 Pro Uber Dual Dash Cam
Rexing v1 dash camera is one of the good top rated dash cams with the basic front view camera which is a very nice option for day time pictures & videos and an average type of night captures. It is a best dash cam for hot weather with quite a reasonable sized camera which is easy to set up and easy to use. This camera is designed to be user friendly as it can be easily handled by anyone.
It weighs only 11.2 ounces. It has a 2.4 inches large display with the overall length of approx. 14 inches. It has a wide design neither too big to interrupt other things nor too small to be visible. It is very handy to capture big and normal sized things. However, it does not have the ability to capture small, tiny things. It is designed in a way that there is a reasonable passage of air in order to bear heat up to 140 degrees.
It has a discreet design which includes a 6 layered glass lens. Its recording lens is moveable up to the desired height which is very good to capture the scenes which are missed so that one can view them anytime in future. The lens is very powerful for day time captures but a bit rough for tiny details in night visions. We must say that this dash cam could be counted as a nice choice for inexpensive dash cams.
There is a slot available for micro SD card which is supportive up to 128GB. However, a micro SD card is not included with this basic model. It is designed in a way that there is a reasonable passage of air in order to bear heat up to 140 degrees. So, we can say that Rexing V1 is a best heat resistant dash cam.
Moreover, this dash cam also includes a GPS port but the GPS is not included in such price. However, if one wants to add on a GPS, it would cost an additional amount. So, Rexing V1 could be considered as best trucker dashcam with GPS. If you have more budget, than the other model of Rexing Camera which is V1LG, is a much better deal as it has a dual camera (Front & rear), a micro SD card included a well as a GPS included.
- Very nice front cam and an average rare cam.
- This camera is good for day time.
- SD Card not included. However, SD card slot available.
- GPS slot available but GPS module should be purchased at an extra cost of $30.
- Discreet design with 6 layered glass lens.
- It is a heat resistant dash cam which could bear heat upto 140 degrees.
- Easy to use.
- Loop recording.
- Easy installation.
- Light weight.
- Large display.
- SD card Slot available.
- Large storage capacity up to 128GB.
- GPS slot available.
- Large visible buttons.
- SD card not included.
- Rear mirror not included.
- No ability of capturing tiny stuff.
- Night vision is a bit rough.
- Built-in GPS not included.
Best Dash Cam for Semi Trucks
When it comes to have a reasonable, easy to use dash cam as well as a user friendly dash cam, KD Links X1 dashboard camera would be the smartest choice. It is a high quality camera which can capture super quality day visions as well as excellent quality night visions. It is very easy to set up and use.
KDLINKS X1 is a very light weight camera weighing only 2.24 ounces. Its dimension is 3.3 x 1.7 x 0.5 inches. Moreover, the charging port also allows you to convert the photos and videos to pc. The camera can also be used as a webcam when attached to pc. Seems like there are so many nice options in such an economic price which makes this a best budget dash cam for semi trucks.
It contains a smart, tiny 6 glass lens to capture big things as well as tiny details. This dash cam proved as a best video quality dash cam as it provides full HD video 1920*1080 with an outclass wide angle of 165 degree. This camera includes WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) Technology.
The slim and smart design makes it a small dash cam as well as very handy and useful for all drivers. This camera comes with an 8GB SD memory card so there would be no need to spend money on buying SD card. A very nice plus point of this camera is that it includes built in GPS system. It eliminates the hassle of wires as it is a wireless camera. Audio recording is available. However, there is no Wi-Fi option available.
KD Links X1 dash cam includes software named as: KD LINKS Dash cam Player Software. It allows you to check vehicle location/route/speed on Google maps. It contains an emergency lock button to lock current video and to avoid the looping so that none of the current videos would be accidentally replaced with the new one. Moreover, it also includes accident auto detection feature (G-sensor).
It is a battery operated dash cam consists of a Superior quality battery of 110mah which can bear high and low temperature 170 f & -40 f respectively for more than 6 hours. With such a high quality battery, it is a must have for the people who love traveling and road trips in order to capture the memories of the adventurous and beautiful journey as well as to record any mishap for instance, a car accident, any over speeding vehicle, witnessing and recording a theft or robbery etc.
As far as warranty is concerned, the company provides hardware and components warranty for one year. Warranty should be claimed for repairs only, not for replacement. Replacement warranty is available for one month only. However, the warranty of software is not included.
- Its weight is 2.24 ounces.
- Its dimension is 3.3 x 1.7 x 0.5 inches.
- A charging port available for transferring the data into PC.
- It provides full HD video 1920*1080 with an outclass wide angle of 165 degrees.
- It’s a WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) Camera.
- Warranty available for hardware.
- Battery operated dash cam.
- 110 MAH battery.
- KD LINKS Dash cam Player Software allows you to check vehicles’ location etc on Google maps.
- An auto detector feature named as G-sensor is also included.
- Audio recording available but no Wi-Fi option.
- 8 GB micro SD card included.
- GPS module available.
- High quality camera with nice daytime as well as night time recording.
- User friendly
- Easy to set up.
- 8GB SD card included.
- Built-in GPS Included.
- Hardware warranty available.
- Software included to detect location from Google map.
- Reasonable price.
- Strong lens.
- Excellent Day and Night captures.
- Slim Design.
- Wi-Fi not included.
- Software warranty not included.
- Only repair warranty included not the replacement one.
Best Commercial Truck Dash Cameras
For an amazingly best dash cam for the money, Anker Roav C1 dash cam is one of the best choice for dash cam users. It provides some extremely amazing features in such a reasonable price. It is super easy to install and use.
Nevertheless, this camera can be placed to the windscreen by using an adhesive which is a bit tough to remove. So, it is necessary to finalize the spot while placing it to avoid inconvenience. Once the camera is installed, the angle of the camera could be easily adjusted as per the required angle.
Anker roav dash cam is a best automobile dash camera which has a quite nice sized 2.4-inch display screen below which there are four buttons named as left and right navigation, menu and home button. It is a very light weight dash cam weighing 0.2 ounces. Its dimensions are 2.8 x 2.4 x 1.5 inches (HWD).
Moreover, the most promising feature of this dash cam due to which anker roav could be stand out of the crowd is that this dash cam can be operated by the roav app which supports both apple store and android play store. Furthermore, the video recordings, audio recordings and all device settings could be easily operated using roav app.
However, one flaw of this dash cam is that video quality is compromised as this dash cam could not even trace the license plates clearly. Additionally, this dash cam neither comes with a micro SD card nor with a GPS module. But, Anker roav C1 dash cam has built-in Wi-Fi capability and it is one of the best truck dashboard camera systems.
There are two lights in the camera, green and red. The red light indicates that the camera is recording, the green light indicates vice versa. In addition to this, the camera comes with a motion sensor for capturing the movements near the vehicle either its moving or parked. However, when the car is turned off, external power supply is required for the parking mode to work effectively.
- It weighs 0.2 ounces.
- Dimensions are 2.8 x 2.4 x 1.5 inches.
- Micro SD card not included but slot available.
- Built in Wi-Fi available for pairing with the roav app.
- Audio and video recording can also be managed using app.
- Motion sensor and parking mode available.
- Attached to the screen using adhesive.
- The adhesive is tough to remove from screen.
- Average video quality.
- Reasonable price.
- Easy to set up and use.
- SD card slot available.
- Built in Wi-Fi capability.
- App can be used for operating the cam.
- Roav app available at Apple store and Play store.
- Audio recording available.
- Adhesive use to stick the camera is not easy to remove.
- No SD included.
- Video quality is not so good.
Best Dash cam for Truck Drivers
When it comes to think about affordable and best high definition dash cam, old shark is one of the best choice as it has so many features in such an amazing and affordable rate. Old Shark secures two super qualities which are parking mode and a wide angle of 170 degree.
Moreover, it comes with a super large LCD screen of 3 inches and the dimension is 3.4 x 1.2 x 2 inches. However, it comes with an average wide angle but still one can spent money on it because it is a best low cost dash cam. A USB charger along with a cable is also included. The cable is neither so large to become tangled nor so small to create interruptions while plug in. It is a battery operated dash cam.
Despite of being a cheap dash cam, the quality of videos and photos has not been compromised neither in daytime nor in the night time. Old shark dash cam comes with a 6 layered glass lens and is capable of capturing full HD videos of 1080p resolution. It is one of the top backup camera system for commercial trucks.
As far as memory is concerned, Old shark cam comes with a 32 GB micro SD card. Additionally, it also has a card adapter which can be easily used as a medium to convert photos from camera to PC. The SD card has the capacity of recording videos continuously for 6.5 hours. After that period, the oldest videos would be automatically replaced by the newest.
Old shark dash cam is a user friendly dash cam which is very easy to install and use. Moreover, it is a good quality day time as well as night time dash cam. Furthermore, it also comes with a motion sensor which could detect even the slightest movement near the vehicle no matter is the vehicle is moving or parked. These qualities make this best high resolution dash cam which have so many qualities in so cheap price.
- 32 GB micro SD Card included. However, GPS module not included.
- A card adapter included to transfer photos and videos to PC.
- Dimensions of 3.4 x 1.2 x 2 inches.
- Temperature handling Min -50 degree Max 160 degree.
- USB charger available.
- Motion sensor included.
- Parking mode available.
- It’s a battery operated dash cam.
- 3 inches Large LCD screen.
- 170 degree wide angle.
- Easy to install and use.
- Cheap cost.
- Motion sensor.
- Parking mode.
- Loop recording.
- A charger and cable included.
- Pictures and videos could be transferred to PC.
- GPS slot available but GPS module not included.
- User manual is not much easy to understand.
- Warranty may not be available.
Best Dual Camera Dash Cam for Pickup Trucks
When consumer is high on budget and willing to spend more on a dash cam, Vantrue N2 pro is the wise choice ever because it is a best value dash cam with certain qualities. One of the prominent features of this dash cam is that it comes with motion sensors. In addition to that, the attachment process of this dash cam is very easy because it comes with a suction mount. It also saves time.
Vantrue N2 pro is a front & rear facing dash cam which provides high quality videos. Vantrue N2 pro is capable of providing full HD video on both front and interior facing cameras. Moreover, when used alone, the front camera can record at 2560x1440P at 30fps or 1920x1080P at 60fps.
The rare camera has an amazing wide angle of 140 degree Sony sensor camera which records perfectly if attached to the right place in the vehicle. The rear-facing camera also comes with 4 IR LED lights which are beneficial for night time recording. The Infrared Lights turn on automatically where necessary. We must be considered right if we say that it is the best night vision dash cam.
If we talk about the front view of Vantrue N2 pro, the front camera has a wide angle of 170 degree. It provides high quality HD photos and videos. Even the slightest movement could be captured. Moreover, the tiniest thing or detail could be detected and captured by this dash cam. Undoubtedly, this is one of the most reliable dash cam.
Furthermore, it includes a unique feature called time stamp feature. It prints time on the picture or video so that one can use it as a proof or evidence in the hour of need. This feature makes it a professional dash cam.
Additionally, another amazing feature named as time lapse is added in Vantrue N2 pro which click photos rapidly and then combine them in the form of a video which could be seen faster as compared to the real time. It also has a super quality of recording in parking mode. However, the camera requires constant power supply in parking conditions as well as long recordings.
We can say that this should be the most popular automotive dash camera. Although it is expensive but apparently there are so many features in it that they can do justice with money spent on it. For instance, some more features are: Built-in G sensors, auto LCD ON/OFF, Audio recording, auto-recording, 64 GB storage capacity, loop recording, SD card slot, GPS slot. But, you need to spend some more to buy an SD card and a GPS module.
As far as warranty is concerned, this dash cam comes with a super 18 months warranty. Although it is one of the most expensive dash cams, its unique qualities could convince everyone to neglect the money factor and it is best backup camera for truck and trailer.
- This dash cam comes with the motion sensors.
- These motion sensors are capable of capturing the slightest movement.
- Due to the suction mount included, its very easy to attach.
- It has a front and rear cam.
- Provides high quality pictures and videos.
- Front camera can record at 2560x1440P at 30fps or 1920x1080P at 60fps.
- Infrared option available.
- Time stamp feature available to stamp time and date on the pic and video.
- It can record in the parking mode as well.
- Built-in G-sensors included.
- The rear-facing camera comes with 4 IR LED lights for night time recording.
- Auto LCD ON/OFF, Audio recording, Loop recording available.
- Built-in G sensors.
- 64 GB data storage.
- Loop recording.
- LCD lights auto ON/OFF.
- Time lapse feature.
- Infrared Lights included.
- Multi-camera (front, rear and in-cabin)
- SD Card slot included.
- GPS slot available.
- A mini usb cable included.
- Time stamp on pictures and videos.
- Audio recording.
- Parking mode.
- No SD card included.
- No GPS module included.
- Too much power consumption for long videos and parking mode.
- Not suitable for people who cannot spend much.